On March 6, 2018, along with the release of Final Fantasy XV on PC, Square Enix also released Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition for Xbox One and PS4. There are several new features from Insomnia City Ruins map (Expanded Map), new bosses Cerberus, Omega, and Rulers of Yore, and some features like Armiger Unleashed which will summon a light formation to attack.
Here are the full features announced by Square Enix on Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition:
- An all-new dungeon – Insomnia City Ruins: Expanded Map.
- New features such as first person mode, new gear, and new bosses.
- Armiger Unleashed – after you collect all 13 royal arms, a more action-oriented mode of the Armiger is unlocked.
- Royal Vessel – the boat from FFXV is now a controllable vehicle. The same body of water (between Cape Caem and Altissia) can now be freely explored.
- All season pass content – Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis.
- Over a dozen pieces of DLC, including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets.
- The critically acclaimed game – FINAL FANTASY X
In this series you will play with the four main characters of Final Fantasy XV Prince Noctis and his three friends, to fight the empire in an attempt to retake the fallen kingdom.
Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition will be available for $ 49.99. You will also get a designs compiled by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano. For those of you who already own Final Fantasy XV, you just need to update your game to the edition of Royal Edition and it will only cost you $ 19.99. If you are interested, join Prince Noctis to retake the kingdom!